Alexis Bernier is a passionate globe trotter and suitcase aficionado who has explored over 50 nations worldwide. She enjoys imparting her extensive knowledge about luggage and travel accessories, and sharing her adventures with fellow voyagers.
When it comes to finding the best carry on luggage, there are a few factors to consider. As a frequent traveler myself, I understand the importance of having a reliable and functional carry on bag that meets your specific needs. Whether you're a business traveler or a leisure explorer, finding the right carry on luggage can make all the difference in your travel experience.
1. Size and Weight: One of the most important things to consider when choosing a carry on bag is its size and weight. Airlines have specific regulations regarding carry on luggage dimensions, so it's crucial to find a bag that meets those requirements. Look for a bag that is compact enough to fit in the overhead bin, yet spacious enough to hold all your essentials. Additionally, consider the weight of the bag itself, as you don't want to exceed the airline's weight restrictions.
2. Durability: Travel can be tough on luggage, so it's essential to invest in a carry on bag that is built to last. Look for bags made from durable materials such as polycarbonate or ballistic nylon, which can withstand the rigors of travel. Reinforced corners and sturdy zippers are also important features to look for, as they can prevent damage and ensure your belongings stay secure.
3. Organization: A well-organized carry on bag can make your journey much more convenient. Look for bags with multiple compartments and pockets, so you can easily separate and access your belongings. Some bags even come with built-in garment or shoe compartments, which can help keep your clothes wrinkle-free and your shoes protected.
4. Maneuverability: Navigating through crowded airports and busy streets can be a challenge, so it's important to choose a carry on bag that is easy to maneuver. Look for bags with smooth-rolling wheels and a telescopic handle that can be adjusted to your preferred height. Additionally, consider whether you prefer a two-wheeled or four-wheeled bag. Two-wheeled bags are typically more stable on uneven surfaces, while four-wheeled bags offer greater maneuverability in tight spaces.
5. Style and Design: While functionality is key, there's no reason why your carry on bag can't also be stylish. Choose a bag that reflects your personal style and preferences. Whether you prefer a sleek and minimalist design or a bold and vibrant pattern, there are plenty of options available to suit your taste.
Conclusion: In my experience, the best carry on luggage for frequent travelers is the one that combines durability, functionality, and style. Some top-rated options include the Samsonite Omni PC Hardside Spinner, which offers excellent durability and organization, and the Tumi Alpha 3 International Carry-On, which is known for its sleek design and high-quality construction. Ultimately, the best carry on luggage will depend on your specific needs and preferences, so take the time to research and compare different options before making your decision.